What is Somatropin?
Somatropin, also termed a growth hormone, is a type of human made hormone which is used by children and adults to grow muscles and makes them taller. It is basically prescribed by doctors to those who suffer from development issues or who have a deficiency of growth hormones in the body. Those who have deficiency of growth hormone tend to be short in stature and their other body parts also do not grow at the normal speed. To overcome this, they need to go on growth hormone therapy where a qualified doctor puts such people on Somatropin injections for a period until they reach their desired height. Somatropin comes in the form of injections and is available under different brand names like Norditropin, Nutropin, Humatrope etc. Taking human growth hormone for the purposes of gaining muscle mass and increased stamina is common in bodybuilders.
There are a number of uses of Somatropin. These include:
- Used in elderly to treat short bowel syndrome which is a condition in which it becomes difficult for the body to absorb nutrients from the food consumed.
- It is used to develop and grow bones.
- It is effective for the development of muscles.
- Somatropin is used by those people who have lost a significant amount of weight due to medical conditions like AIDS.
- It is used to overcome the deficiency of natural growth hormone.
- Its use helps to recover faster from an injury.
- Its use helps to repair the muscle tissues after strenuous exercises.
HGH Pros and Cons:
There are a number of benefits which the user of HGH or Somatropin can get. These benefits are as follows:
- Build bones.
- Build muscles.
- Get a perfect stature.
- It is good for my mood.
- Useful in breaking down energy which is important for the growth of tissues.
As Somatropin is a man made medicine, it can result in side effects which can be different from person to person. The side effects which can arise from the use of human growth hormone or HGH are as follows.
- Pain in ears.
- Pain in my stomach
- Back pain.
- Changes in the skin color where the drug was injected.
- Gaining weight rapidly.
- Tingling and numbness.
- Flu or cold.
- Sore throat.
- Increased level of blood sugar.
- Vision issues.
- Adrenal gland problems.
- Swelling and pain of joints.
- Behavioral changes.
- Limp walking.
- Numbness and tingling of upper extremities.
Human growth hormone or HGH is FDA approved medicine for the purposes of use in children who suffer from growth problems like short stature etc. Although it is not a controlled substance or drug, one should have a prescription in order to purchase it. But it can be purchased easily online where there are a number of brands available of Somatropin.
There are certain conditions in which it is advised to not take Somatropin because it could lead to adverse outcomes. These conditions include:
- Malignant cancer.
- Diabetic retinopathy.
- Somatropin should not be used in those who suffer from pseudotumor cerebri where there’s increased fluid pressure in the brain.
- Somatropin should also be avoided by those whose thyroid levels are decreased.
- Those who suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome should not use HGH.
- Prader-Willi syndrome patients should avoid taking Somatropin.
- Severe obese people.
- Those who suffer from sleep apnea.
- Those who suffer from upper airway obstruction.
- That who suffer from respiratory issues.
Somatropin should not be used along with many other medications as these can interact with each other and result in side effects. HGH or Somatropin should not be used with diabetic medicines and insulin or steroids like methylprednisolone, prednisone, dexamethasone etc. Moreover those who are using birth control pills should not use Somatropin. It should not be taken with acetaminophen, acyclovir, amitriptyline etc.
Stimulating the human growth hormone production naturally:
As there are a number of side effects associated with the use of human made HAHG, one can simply make changes in the diet and other lifestyle changes to cope with the deficiency of growth hormone. Some of the changes are as follows.
- It is found that fat around the belly can lead to less production of HGH. So by losing it one can restore the levels of HGH in the body.
- To push up the production of HGH, it is advised to start intermittent fasting.
- Cut on sugar.
- Some people also consume arginine as it increases growth hormone.
- Try to stop or completely not eat right before going to bed.
- It is imperative in order to increase the production of HGH one must carry out high intensity exercises.
- Intake of melatonin can also help with the issue.
- HGH production can also be increased by optimizing the sleep.
- Some supplements and sports drinks can also help to increase or boost HGH levels for a short period of time.
- It is important to add nutritional supplements in daily routine as these are associated with increasing human growth hormone levels in people temporarily.
Healthy diet for balancing HGH:
Apart from making lifestyle changes, one should take or follow a diet which does not result in lowering HGH level in the body or should avoid such diet which can make a person gain fat around the belly and this will lead to HGH level fluctuations in the body. Many people face hormonal imbalances as a result of poor diet. And with age this worsens. But by following a proper diet and lifestyle, one can balance the levels of HGH in the body. HGH can be balanced or increased by following ways:
- Avoid bad fats and include healthy fats in your diet.
- Exclude refined carbohydrates from your diet.
- Include enough protein in your daily diet by eating eggs etc.
- Avoid overeating and also avoid eating in little quantities.
- Learn to manage stress as it can result in fat accumulation around the belly area and cause HGH level fluctuations.
- Consume a diet which is rich in fiber.
- Always try to get high quality sleep.
- Do not take sugary beverages.